- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7) won’t weigh until Feb 1st again.
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well. (9 so far)
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink) (6/9)
- Had meetings in Philly from 8a-5p.
- 3 days in a row where I haven’t been Whole 30 compliant, this was planned out knowing I wasn’t going to be able to make it happen on this trip as meals were specifically ordered for us.
- Going to 76ers vs Boston game tonight.
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 11:30a- Naff Naff Mediterranean (beef, lettuce, pickeled onions, pita)
- 3p- Tastycake Cupcake & pita with garlic sauce
- This was a weak point of the day. My back was extremely stiff and I was in pain as well as some conversation had been a little challenging and this was probably stress eating more than anything.
- 9:30p- BBQ Burger with Fries
- Definitely could have made a better choice in foods for this meal. There were salads on the menu and I think I was just overly hungry from not eating a real meal since 11:30a. These are the times when I need to realize that all foods in these moment will taste good so might as well make a good choice.
- Today wasn’t my best day eating. I ate out of emotion and because every second was so filled I wasn’t able to eat easily. So instead I was relying on will power as much as possible and the later the day got the less will power I had.
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- Today was the first day so far this year that I haven’t worked out. My back was way too locked up to be able to do anything and I had to overcome my pride and rest. I do have a goal to get 31 workouts this month but it doesn’t mean I have to workout every day so I’m still able to stick to my goal.
- Today’s was 3136 calories
Again, another day over 3k calories burnt on a day when I was pretty inactive is good. Normally back home my non active days are only about 2400 cals.
- Today was a good strain day. It was a 12.6. My strain has been consistent the last couple days which should lead to a good recovery score soon.
- TOTAL CALORIC DEFICIT FOR DAY: Calories burnt (WHOOP) – Calories intake (MFP)= 3136-3300= 164 surplus
- Today was my first calorie surplus for the year. It was over by a small amount which is actually really reasonable for traveling.
- Slept 6hrs 56min out of 9:05 needed which was a good 76% sleep score.
- With as bad as my back felt this was a really good night sleep with that going on.
- My recovery score was 62% which is a decent score. Shows I did a lot of mobility work during the day to help my back recover and getting ok sleep.
- I went to bed at 11:57p.
- This was a super late night for me. But this was because we were downtown at a 76ers game and I knew it was the last night with friends so it was worth the sacrifice.
- My WHOOP band said I need 8:52 min of sleep tonight going into tomorrow.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 22min extra needed
Sleep debt- 55min extra needed
- Another day spent on the foam roller and lacrosse ball. Also, a friend of mine in our mastermind meeting is a PT and he reset my SI joint and help me with some stretching to help get my left leg lengthened back out.
- My back was still very locked up and just putting on my socks was hard.
- Going to the 76ers game tonight.
- Meetings can be very stressful because we are challenging each other to get the most we can out of our businesses. This can get a little stressful.
- Knowing that Chicago was going to have bad weather when I flew back was in the back of my mind and was trying to see if I could get my flight changed.
- Didn’t eat the Tastycakes for breakfast.
- Was able to get my plane ticket switched to fly out on Friday to avoid bad weather coming to Chicago.
- Didn’t eat anything at the 76ers game when everyone was eating crappy food.
- An accountability buddy can go a long way. Even when traveling I enlist in accountability buddies. Joe is my workout partner and makes sure I get those in and Marshall is my nutrition buddy.
- Today was a hard day to find wins because I felt like I didn’t do as well as I could but that’s when it’s important to dig in and find the good that was there.