- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7) won’t weigh until Feb 1st again.
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well. (9 so far)
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink) (6/8)
- Had meetings in Philly from 8a-5p.
- 2 days in a row where I haven’t been Whole 30 compliant
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 12:30p- Philly Cheesesteak (2nd day in a row)
- 3p- Tastycake Butterscotch Krimpet
- 6:30p- 10oz Sirloin Steak with Seasonal Veggies (squash and zucchini)
- 9p- Battered Cauliflower, Chicken bites, Cheesesteak Egg Roll
- Didn’t have a choice for lunch, they ordered those in. Did great with my dinner choices. The last of the meals was a bad choice at a bar for the night, it was more of bored eating than anything.
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- 7:30a @Urban Athlete Gym
- This was more of random workout of different things. KB Swings, TRX Rows, snatches, and more. Ended with a bunch of double unders as I was getting coaching from a friend on how to improve them. Got much better quickly.
- It was great to get up and workout with friends. However, at the end of the workout during my double under practice my back seized up. I could feel my QL’s go extremely tight.
- Today’s was 3249 calories
I was pretty happy with this calorie burn know that I spent most of the day just sitting and talking in meetings.
- Today was a good strain day. It was a 13.3. I think this strain really came from having some big conversation and my heart rate stayed higher from that.
- TOTAL CALORIC DEFICIT FOR DAY: Calories burnt (WHOOP) – Calories intake (MFP)= 3249-2870= 379 deficit
- Knowing how inactive I was today overall and eating some not great food and still have a deficit really made me happy. It showed that I was making better choices than I realized.
- Slept 6hrs 45min out of 9:25 needed which was a good 72% sleep score.
- Knowing that I was sleeping in a new house and one that was noisy I was pretty happy with this sleep quantity. Also, with these friends I always stay up super late so it wasn’t too bad at all.
- My recovery score was 28% which is horrible score. It was a huge drop from yesterday being 88% down to 28% today. This shows how much travel can really affect a persons body.
- I went to bed at 11p. I was pretty stiff from my back being locked up but fell asleep pretty quick.
- My WHOOP band said I need 9:05 min of sleep tonight going into tomorrow.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 27min extra needed
Sleep debt- 1hr 04min extra needed
- I spent most of the rest of the day foam rolling and lacrosse ball rolling whenever I could between meeting sessions. I could barely bend and sitting was extremely uncomfortable.
- My back locking up so early in the morning.
- Being in meetings all day and not being able to control what lunch was going to be.
- Knowing I was going to have very little time to myself all day to take care of little things I needed to for my health. From the time I woke up until I went to bed at 11p it was all focused on others which gets a little exhausting.
- There were snacks in the meeting room all day and none of them were healthy.
- Despite it causing me a back injury, getting up and getting a good workout in while traveling.
- Making a great choice for dinner.
- Putting focus on my mobility through out the day.
- Knowing I didn’t do my mobility work after my flight and then working out the next morning I should have been smarter about being plyometric like I was doing in the double unders. This definitely made me realize that I need to do my mobility work as soon as I get off the plane in the future so my body is loose.
- Every morning I look at my WHOOP band info to give me feedback on if I should workout or not and see how I recovered. Today I didn’t look at it at all. If I would have looked at it, I would have realized I shouldn’t be working out because my score was so low and took such a drastic drop. This was a lesson in making sure I follow my WHOOP because it’s feedback on how my body is really feeling.
- Making sure in the future for trips I find a way to have a little more alone time either in the morning or evening to make sure I can take care of myself a little better.