- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7) won’t weigh until Feb 1st again.
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well. (8 so far)
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink) (6/7)
- Flew out to Philly today @ 8am.
- Coached 530a class.
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 2:30p- Philly Cheesesteak
- 5p- Spinach salad with steak
- 8p- Hummus with pita, Brisket mac & cheese, creme brulee
- Today was a pretty high calorie day for me. Even though I ate very little, 3 meals eating out is just a lot of calories so I did my best to stick enjoy the foods of the area but keep quantity down.
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- 9:30p in basement of airbnb
- 5 rounds of 10 reps of each
-Squats, Pushups, Situps, Burpees, Mountain Climbers
- Today was an extremely busy day but I wanted to make sure I got something in. It was only 15 minutes and pretty basic but it’s not about always getting the best workout in, sometimes it’s just making sure you show up and put in work.
- Today’s was 3582 calories
Was a pretty good calorie burn based on flying and being in airport for a while.
- Today was a good strain day. It was a 14.4. Flying stresses me out in a general so my heart rate was naturally a little high throughout the day.
- A lot of today’s calorie burn was walking around the city of Philadelphia looking at sights, especially running the Rocky stairs :).
- TOTAL CALORIC DEFICIT FOR DAY: Calories burnt (WHOOP) – Calories intake (MFP)= 3582-3356= 226 deficit
- Slept 6hrs 39min out of 10:08 needed which was a good 66% sleep score.
- A pretty good night of sleep knowing I had to just climb in bed right after coaching last night and had to coach early today.
- My recovery score was 88% which is an amazing score. It made me realize being busy doesn’t always mean I’m going to have trouble recovering the next day! Sometimes movement and keeping busy can be an active recovery.
- I went to bed at 10:30p. I was staying at an older Airbnb and the house had a lot of old house noise. The radiators clicked and popped, the stairs were noisy and the beds were not the most comfortable. I ended up having to turn on a white noise app to help me fall asleep.
- My WHOOP band said I need 9:25 min of sleep tonight going into tomorrow.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 33min extra needed
Sleep debt- 1hr 17min extra needed
- I knew I went to bed a little late tonight based on what time I needed to wake up but I was with friends at the Airbnb and we were spending time catching up.
- I didn’t spend any time on mobility today. This wasn’t the smartest idea after flying but I was short on time so I didn’t stretch.
- Flying in the morning which meant that if I was fasting I wasn’t going to be able to eat until after 12. It turned out to be 2 before I ate for the first time.
- I don’t do well eating in the airport. I always seem to eat candy or junk food in the airport.
- Knowing that I was going to be busy with friends seeing the city all night so I was going to have to behave eating and getting a workout in was going to be tough.
- Didn’t eat in the airport and didn’t take any snacks they handed out on the plane.
- Could have made way worse choices eating out. I was very conscious of my goals with every eating choice.
- Even though it was a long day still made sure to get a workout in before the night was over.
- Was calm about not eating until 2p and reminded myself that hunger is NOT an EMERGENCY.
- Traveling and being healthy is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. I went into the day with plans on how to approach the obstacles I was aware that were coming and I did really good to overcome them. I did expect to workout earlier but that didn’t turn out the way I wanted but I still adjusted and made sure I achieved my workout.
- Making sure to just get in any kind of workout is better than trying to get in a massive workout. 10-15 minutes can still be very valuable and is more manageable for travel.
- Walking around the airport there are better choices than I realized, especially at some of the little markets. Makes me realize there shouldn’t be a lot of excuses to eat bad airport food.
- When I’m in the right mindset I can always make good choices.