- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7)
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well. (3 so far)
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink) (3/3)
- Busy day with a long business meeting
- Coached @530p
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 7a- Bulletproof Coffee
- 12:30a- Denver Omlette
- 3p- Beef Bone Broth
- 5p- BCAA drink + MCT Oil
- 7:30p- Protein Shake
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- 830a @GCP in the class
- CIRCUIT 4 rnds x 30 x 30
Landmine squats #60
KB Figure 8’s #50
Static Lunge MB Pass #12
FINISHER: EMOM5- Climbing planks x5, Situps x10, Crossover Climbers x15
- My lower back was stiff, didn’t have a lot of mobility to challenge myself on the landmine squat. The circuit definitely challenge me overall.
- In the finisher I did awesome for speed doing it in less that 25 seconds for first 3 rounds, round 4 my situps started to die and did it in 35 sec, and final round my abs cramped and it took me 50 sec.
- My calories are tracked by my WHOOP band.
- Today’s was 3825
This is a good Friday number for me, Fridays usually are a lower burn, like 3200 for me.
- Today was a decent strain day. Today I had a 15.5. Meant I was busy and putting effort in. Working out was my biggest strain at an 8.7. Since I didn’t have any large strains 10+ it tells me I stayed consistently busy all day instead of certain big efforts. These days are easier to recover from.
- TOTAL CALORIC DEFICIT FOR DAY: Calories burnt (WHOOP) – Calories intake (MFP)= 2685 deficit
- Slept 8hrs 20min out of 9:24 needed which was a good 89% sleep score.
- I had a huge deficiet of sleep from the night before to be made up is why I need 9 hrs of sleep.
- My recovery score was 30% which is very low. This means I need to be conscious of how hard I’m pushing during my day. This is most likely do to a sleepless night the night before and my Heart Rate Variability (HRV) being really low. Should go back up with good sleep.
- I had a nap planned but was behind on my schedule today so skipped it. Energy was fine overall so didn’t feel the affect of this.
- Tonight I went to bed at 9:30p and alarm set for 630a. My WHOOP band had said I needed to go to bed at 830p but that’s extremely hard for me on Friday nights. Figure I can make up some sleep with a good long nap Saturday afternoon.
- My WHOOP band said I need 8:40 min of sleep.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 41min extra needed
Sleep debt- 25min extra needed
- I did an 18 min ROMWOD while watching Forks and Knives documentary. ROMWOD is an online mobility program. It’s my variation of yoga, where you hold static positions and passively breath and let your body sink into a position. You just follow along with their program. I like to mix this and GOWOD every few days to help improve my mobility. Which is a big focus after sciatica issues all last year. No desire to get injured again.
- Meeting time running long. Nathan and my meetings are always great so I never am mad because we are always working on things to build up the business. But because I’m an ultra planner it moves my schedule for the day around. I don’t do great with adjusting my schedule so it’s something I have to do a better job at, building in flexibility in my schedules.
- Friday’s are really a microcosm of the week. If I stayed super focused for the week I have a great Friday, if I let Thursday get off and my week has been a little stressful Friday’s can be the beginning of a binge weekend. I felt great all day Friday and locked in.
- Weekends scare me, just like I think they do most of our members. The reason they scare me is I’m a great person with routine and with no routine I’m a wild animal, haha. I need boundaries to help me focus. One thing I’m practicing is actually laying out a general weekend schedule so I know for the most part what each couple hours looks like so I know when I can eat and what I should be eating.
- Challenged myself in a workout despite having back tightness.
- Adjusted my day really well after it got a little off.
- Despite having missed a meal I did great with hunger cravings and not dwelling on a lower calorie total.
- Being productive on a Friday night instead of just vegging. I can always tell when I’m worn out and the week isn’t great because Friday nights I just zone out. I instead did mobility work, read and watched a documentary.
- Today I missed a meal. Because we have an early meeting that went a little long this forced me to eat my 1030 meal at 1230. By the time my 230 meal rolled around I wasn’t hungry so had bone broth instead. I decided to see how the night went to see if I needed more food and I can always eat that meal later. So I stuck to my normal plan for the other meals. By the time I went to bed, I really didn’t need that meal added back in so I skipped it. I’m trying to get better at hunger cues. Letting my body do some deciding on when to eat. If I needed it, I would have added it back in. I wasn’t skipping to reduce calories.
- I plan my meals out in MyFitnessPal because I like to track my macros (protein, fats and carbs). I use this to give me bright lines on if I’m eating enough or not too much. Looking over MFP the last couple days of tracking I was only getting between 1100 and 1600 calories but my goal was 1800-2000 calories. So I spent some time adjusting the size of my meals to make sure my calories went up while my macro ratio (40%fat, 30% carb, 30% protein) stayed the same.