- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7) won’t weigh until Feb 1st again.
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well. (27 so far)
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink) (18/22)
- No coaching today. This was nice as it allowed my nervous system to relax a little bit. I get pretty jacked up to coach and that wears me down as the week goes on.
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 7a- Bulletproof Coffee + FitAid w/CBD
- 10a- 3 eggs, 8oz ham, blueberries & orange
- 12p- Bone Broth
- 2:30p- Beef Stir Fry + Carrots
- 6p- Protein Smoothie
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- 8:30a @GCP in Accelerated Fat Loss
- My back was in a good enough place for me to finally do the 50 burpee finisher. It went better than I thought. I didn’t fly through it like I normally do because I wanted to protect my back but I went slow and steady and ended at 3:40 which I felt good about being a slower pace.
- 445p @GCP in Accelerated Fat Loss
- Since I did this program this morning I changed up all my exercises as to not overwork muscle groups.
- My weekly goals are from Wed to Tues each week and I made it through this last week with no punishments. Which meant I hit:
- All 8 workouts (did 9)
- No added sugars
- Whole 30 compliant (my variation)
- Mobility 10 minutes per day
- It felt great not to have to make up any after 900 wall balls last week, haha.
- Today’s was 4484 calories
Pretty good day for not doing any coaching.
- Today was a high strain day. It was a 18.1. Weekdays just naturally are more strain on my body.
- TOTAL CALORIC DEFICIT FOR DAY: Calories burnt (WHOOP) – Calories intake (MFP)= 4484-2005= 2479 deficit
- Slept 7hrs 55min out of 9:36 needed which was a perfect 83% sleep score.
- Any day when I get almost 8 hours of restful sleep I’ll take!
- My recovery score was 61%.
- I went to bed at 8:30p.
- My WHOOP band said I need 9:12 min of sleep tonight going into tomorrow.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 59min extra needed
Sleep debt- 39min extra needed
- I had my weekly adjustment at Libertyville Wellness Group. It seems each week I go in with something new hurting. This week I finally was able to go in and just get my body adjusted without any direct need which is nice. Means my body is moving well at this current time. Which after all the wall balls and training in general this month, that’s a good feeling.
- Also did some hip and IT band work while watching Netflix Gotham Garage last night! I think the show is actually called from Rust to Riches but it’s very good if you like car shows where they rebuild old cars.
- Needing to find time to do some food prep.
- Was in my own head this morning, will explain more below.
- Alarm went off 2 hours too early this morning and didn’t fall back asleep quickly.
- Got all my meal prep done today. Took an hour in the mid-morning to do it all. I definitely am lucky to have this luxury to do it mid-day but I rarely take it. I always feel like if I do it I’m stealing time away from my business. But then I have to tell myself, I work minimum 55 hours every week on business related things, it’s ok to take an hour to myself.
- Got an 830 workout in when I wasn’t originally going to.
- Had some time to myself tonight to just relax and not be working on anything specific. Hasn’t happened a lot recently.
- The stories we tell ourselves:
- This will become a common theme in my blogs because I think everyone deals with it and I definitely do.
- This morning my alarm went off at 430a when it should have been 630a today. I woke up feeling really tired and figure man I am so tired, I really don’t have have to be up until 730a so maybe I’ll just snooze until then. So I grabbed my phone to set the alarm and realized, oh crap it’s 430a. No wonder I’m so tired. So I set my alarm back to the initial 630a time and went back to bed. However, it wasn’t easy to fall back asleep and my sleep until 630 wasn’t quality. When it went off at 630a I hit snooze a couple times because I “felt tired”.
- One thing I’m working hard on this year is being more disciplined in all aspects of life and especially with sleep. Hitting the snooze is literally quitting the very first commitment you made for the day. When I did finally get up at 7a I was upset at myself for doing this.
- Then I started telling myself stories that I was tired and sore so I should skip my morning workout. I was going to workout at 445p anyway so skipping this one is no big deal. I “deserve” to rest for the hard work I am doing. I drank my crio bru and started get my mind back into the right mindset. I think went to the chiro and by the time I was done there I headed straight to the gym to workout at the 830a class.
- As I was able to get past that initial feeling of laziness and self sabatoging moments I was able to get my mind wrapped around my priorities. Realizing that yes I have worked hard, but the hard work isn’t done. Quitting on this one workout could lead to quitting on nutrition, not getting in as many workouts during the week and starting a slow decent of my internal drive and will power. I wasn’t willing to let that happen so I worked out.
- All of this was just stories I was telling myself. About how sore I was, how I deserved to be lazy and sleep more. But no, that’s my weakness inside of me challenging me to see if I have what it takes and each time I need to step up like today and say HELL NO, I’m in control of my destiny, nothing else.
- MORNING SUPPLEMENT ROUTINE
- I’ve had a lot of questions about my supplement routine recently. So I figured I’d lay it out here over the next few days for the different times of days I take supplements. Now please don’t take this as advice, these are just things I have found that work for me for very specific reasons on why I use them. If you have more questions about them, please ask me before going out and adding them to your routine.
- 7a: Lyte Trace minerals: I put these in my crio bru (cacao coffee). They are minerals and electrolytes that help the body stay properly hydrated.
- 7a: Mood Boost- This is a capsule I take that is meant to help boost my positive mood. I added this to my routine this winter to help me with seasonal affective disorder.
- 7a: Nervestra- This is a liquid supplement I take in my crio bru to help heal nerves. After my sciatica stuff last year I started to think about the nerves could be damaged. So I found this supplement that’s meant to help heal the nerves and create more positive blood flow.
- 7a: Liquid CBD Oil 1500- This is a dropper I put under my tongue with 16.6mg each morning. The goal of taking this at this time of day is to help my body recover from workouts and soreness quickly so I can workout again the next day.