In 2020, my goal is to lose 50 lbs by June 1st. As part of this goal I know I need to put high levels of accountability to help me succeed. One of these tools of accountability is doing a daily blog about what I ate, my workout routine, wins and obstacles. I’ll share my experience over this time to help you best understand what my journey is like. I will also be posting daily things on my Instagram personal account @trevwarnke if you want to follow along to see my daily progress and any stories about wins or losses.
- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7)
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well.
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink)
- Today started late as I stayed up late for the New Year.
- Woke up at 9:30a
- Didn’t eat as many meals as planned today do to late start and working on projects at the gym.
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 10a- Bulletproof Coffee
- 12p- Denver Omelette
- 5:30p- Beef Stir Fry
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- 3pm, worked out @GCP
- 6 rnds
10 Deadlifts #95
10 Box Jumps 20”
10 TRX Rows
10 Double Unders
- Routine started out slow as I was pretty sore from New Year’s Sweat-A-Thon
- Took about 2 rounds to really get going.
- Circuit took just about 20 minutes, burned 320 calories from the warmup through the end, about an hour in the gym.
- My calories are tracked by my WHOOP band.
- Today’s was 2297
Even with a workout in there it was a low calorie burn day. As I woke up late and went to bed at 730p. Sleeping doesn’t burn a lot of calories overall as the heart rate is very low.
- My biggest strain for the day was my workout, which was a 7.6 strain so a lighter workout.
- Slept 7hrs 59min out of 8:24 needed which was a great 95% sleep score.
- My recovery score was 85% which means I was primed for a good day.
- Tonight I went to bed at 7:30p as I had to be up at 445a to coach morning classes.
- My WHOOP band said I need 8:02 min of sleep.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 16min extra needed
Sleep debt- 11min extra needed
- I usually have about an hour over the night of awake time so I needed to go to bed with 9:02min before wake time.
- I used the GoWOD app today to do 22 minutes of mobility work for my hamstrings and lower back. Did this while watching the Alabama vs Michigan game.
- Not having an exact schedule for the day. I find that when I have a very routine day I do great with my health but if I have a day off I struggle.
- Cooking some new meals I haven’t done yet. Beef stir fry and Denver Omelette. Both turned out great.
- Got a workout in even though I was super sore.
- Having an off day from a routine didn’t hinder me at all.