- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7) won’t weigh until Feb 1st again.
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well. (18 so far)
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink) (11/15)
- Coached 530p and part of 615p
- Long day, didn’t get home from gym until after 9.
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 7a- Bulletproof Coffee
- 11a- 3 eggs, 8oz ham, raspberries & blueberries
- 1:30p- Bone Broth
- 3:00p- Pan Fried Shrimp and Broccoli
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- 8:30a @GCP in Accelerated Fat Loss
- 4:45p @GCP in Accelerated Fat Loss
- Modified my 2nd workout so I wasn’t doing same movements as earlier.
- Also didn’t do 50 burpees because my back isn’t in a good place currently.
Did 250 Wall Balls today and 80 box jumps for my weekly goal punishment. Still have 650 WB & 20 Box Jumps Left before next Wednesday.
- Today’s was 5173 calories
Really high calorie day which I knew I had earned from a hard day of workouts and coaching!!
- Today was a very high strain day. It was a 19.1. This is 3 very high strain days in a row. I’m sure I’m going to start to run into some recovery issues soon as I’m not sleeping enough to recover from it all.
- TOTAL CALORIC DEFICIT FOR DAY: Calories burnt (WHOOP) – Calories intake (MFP)= 5173-1469= 3704 deficit
- Slept 7hrs 30min out of 9:42 needed which was a good 77% sleep score.
- Overall very happy with the quality of sleep last night.
- My recovery score was 52%.
- This score has been slowly dropping. The multiple days in a row of high strain plus not as high of sleep volume is adding up slightly.
- I went to bed at 10:02p.
- This was was way later than my goal. I had a goal of 8:30p but didn’t get home from gym until 9p. Still had to do my end of the day routine and was able to finally shut down about 10.
- My WHOOP band said I need 9:33 min of sleep tonight going into tomorrow.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 1hr 6min extra needed
Sleep debt- 52min extra needed
- I had a chiro appointment at Libertyville Wellness Group. Dr Davis did some awesome stuff. Worked on my QL to help it get activated. He also helped me find that my left jaw is tight when can lead to different muscle groups being tight. It was super painful to just touch under that mandible so I need to start slowly massaging that as well.
- Did one round of mandible massage, QL release, Leg abduction for IT and Leg abduction for TFL to start to help my QL get stronger and activate. This needs to be a daily process for the next week.
- A little off my normal coaching schedule this week. We have lots of consults for our challenge coming up so having to coach more.
- Knowing that my days have been high day strain and it might affect me soon. So I have to be conscious of emotional feelings about food and remind myself if they happen it’s just tiredness, take a nap.
- Late night and wasn’t able to keep exactly to my evening goals and routine.
- Working on my wall balls and box jumps.
- Got my 2:30p meal in for first time this week.
- Hearing great feedback from many members on how much they like the blog and how it has created some motivation as well as some changes in their lifestyle. That really means a lot to me. I definitely am in a good period right now with my habits but man it’s been all over the place this last year. So my goal is to literally just take it one day at a time. I do a daily TODAY’S GOAL on a white board in my bedroom and each morning I adjust that goal so I can stay laser focused on the daily process.
- Whenever I go to the grocery store I’ve always had an issue with desire to eat a treat. I’m not sure when this habit started but it’s been happening for years. It’s almost like a reward for me because I’m buying smart healthy food. But my treat has always been so unhealthy. Things such as donuts, cookies, swedish fish, etc. A year and a half ago when I was working with a nutrition coach, she had suggested I still get the treat each time I go but lets change up what it is. So we then moved it to a different flavor or style of protein bar each time I went. Just the single ones that Marianos has. This worked out really well.
- Now that I’m more in control in my nutrition life again I’ve gone back to this strategy. My main go to right now has actually been getting a kombucha. Now these can be hit or miss on flavors and I have to be careful with sugar loaded ones right now with Whole30 but it’s a nice treat because I really enjoy them and the healthy probiotics are great as well.
- I’ve noticed desires to do some self sabotage over the last few days. Things like wanting to step on the scale even though my goal is to not weigh until Feb 1st. Also, reducing my sleep to get more done. These are things that have always plagued me in my past and I’m working through the corrections of these mindset blocks. Taking everyday at a time puts life in perspective of each day is a journey. I will mentally battle new things each day and I have to be willing to take each moment in stride.