- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7) won’t weigh until Feb 1st again.
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well. (16 so far)
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink) (10/14)
- Coached 530a, 445p, 530p, 615p
- Long day, didn’t get home from gym until almost 9.
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 7a- Bulletproof Coffee
- 11a- 3 eggs, 8oz ham, raspberries & blueberries
- 3p- Bone Broth
- 9p- Protein Smoothie (Whey, Keto powder, banana, almond milk)
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- I knew I had to get 2 workouts in today to achieve the 8 from Wed to Tues that I have committed to do or I would have to do 100 burpees!!
- 2p in Garage
- 10 cal Ski Erg
- 10 cal Airdyne Bike
- This workout was challenging. I struggled a little bit mentally about 10 min in. I definitely wanted to quick but just kept just taking it one minute at a time. My heart was racing when done.
- 8:35p @ GCP
- 5 rounds of Biceps work
- 8 BB Curls 45#
- 8 DB Curls 25#
- 16 Band Curls Black
- This one wasn’t the hardest I have done but I just needed to get something in and being that late I knew that doing arms is always a way to make sure I get it done.
- 5 rounds of Biceps work
- Today’s was 5547 calories
Really high calorie day. I did well with energy overall but was a little tired by end of the night.
- Today was a very high strain day. It was a 19.4. This is the highest strain day I’ve had so far using WHOOP for 6 months.
- TOTAL CALORIC DEFICIT FOR DAY: Calories burnt (WHOOP) – Calories intake (MFP)= 5544-1166= 4378 deficit
- I knew I’d struggle to get all my food in today. Just not much time for cooking in the middle of the day right now. Going to try to make it up on Wed and get all my calories in for the first time this week.
- Slept 6hrs 30min out of 8:47 needed which was a good 74% sleep score.
- I know that every Mon and Wed night I will not have enough hours to sleep based on my coaching scheduling so I know that I have to recover well on other days and especially the weekend to make up for it. My goal is to stay proactive on this.
- My recovery score was 82%.
- I was very happy to see this number knowing Tuesday was going to be a tough day.
- I went to bed at 10:06p.
- This was tough because I didn’t get home until 9 and had to make a quick shake and shower. I crawled in bed at 930p but had to do some finishing touches to journaling and tracking before bed so didn’t really shut down until 950p.
- My WHOOP band said I need 9:42 min of sleep tonight going into tomorrow.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 1hr 8min extra needed
Sleep debt- 59min extra needed
- I had my stretched appointment today at Stretched Inc in Melody Farms. Adam did an awesome job of targeting my IT bands and QLs and I felt great when I got out of them.
- Besides that I did a decent amount of foam rolling before some classes.
- Just knowing it was going to be a long day. Tuesdays are always a little longer but I knew I had some extra meetings that would make it a little longer and it was about 2 hours longer than I anticipated.
- Finding a way to get 2 workouts in knowing I wasn’t going to be able to workout in a class.
- Right now I have a ton of projects going on and balancing all them during the day and coaching really makes it so there is no personal time right now. So I have to always remind myself that when it comes to my 2020 goals, my weight loss is priority number one so I need to stop work to get that in, then I can go back to work if needed.
- Getting to workouts in on my own. A few years ago I used to be awesome at pushing myself on my own but right now I really rely on the working out with others in GCP classes to help me push myself. But I was able to push myself on my own today which was nice knowing I’m getting some of that intrinsic push back.
- Even though it was a super long day. I did a great job of managing energy. Didn’t need a nap and had good coaching energy. I think the nutrition is really helping out for that as well as all the things I have in place for my seasonal affective disorder.
- Even though I don’t recommend intermittent fasting (IF) to people who’s goal is weight loss, I do recommend it for people who’s goal is to become a more controlled eater. IF is not a weight loss tool. If you do IF you need to still get the same amount of calories inside your eating window of the 8 hours of eating that you would as if you weren’t fasting. So that really doesn’t make it a weight loss tool.
- However, it is a great tool to get in control of your eating. Meaning, you start to feel hunger cues, you start to realize that I’m not going to die of hunger, and it puts some restrictions into windows to create a little more food freedom meaning you aren’t thinking about food every 2 hours.