- Lose 10 lbs (Starting weight 270.7) won’t weigh until Feb 1st again.
- Workout 31 times, doesn’t have to be everyday, can be 2 a days as well. (9 so far)
- Follow the Whole30 diet with slight modifications (protein shakes are ok as well as BCAA drink) (6/10)
- Flew back from Philly today.
- 4 days in a row where I haven’t been Whole 30 compliant, this was planned out knowing I wasn’t going to be able to make it happen on this trip as meals were specifically ordered for us.
NUTRITION FOR THE DAY
- 11a- BBQ California Kitchen Pizza
- 5:30p- Waffle Cookie on Plane
- 8p- Giant Cookie Cake (1/2 of it)
- This was a big mistake. I was starving and decided to go to Target because I thought I could make a better choice there than eating out. However, as soon as I walked in I saw the giant cookie and I couldn’t get that off my mind as I was walking around Target looking for healthy choices. I knew I didn’t have anything at home because I made sure I had used up all my food before I left.
- I ate half of it and finally brought myself out of my mind funk I was in.So I instantly threw the other half out.
- Now I actually bought tools to help me with this, a spray to use and a thing to suck on to help stop sugar cravings but I didn’t have either of them with me after my flight.
- These are the things I’m really trying to get better at. I’m trying to dig into why I make these choices after they happen. I really don’t have a reason for eating the cookie. I was definitely hungry but I could have literally had any food but because it was the first thing I saw it really stuck with me.
- As soon as I threw the cookie away, I made a grocery list and went and got groceries so there could be no excuses going forward.
TODAY’S EXERCISE ROUTINE
- Today was a non exercise day again do to my back. Looking back on this I realized I was really making excuses. I could have went in into Urban Athlete and did an arm workout with some mobility work but I was “feeling bad” for myself. But I’m not going to let myself do that anymore. I did that last year and made excuses all year why I couldn’t workout or eat healthy because of my sciatica pain. And yes that was bad but I also could have found ways around it and I will do that this year, no injury will stop me from putting in the work in some capacity.
- Today’s was 2732 calories
Today was a pretty low key day so this low calorie burn day makes sense.
- Today was a low strain day. It was a 10.8. This should lead to a good recovery tomorrow which is needed after my trip.
- TOTAL CALORIC DEFICIT FOR DAY: Calories burnt (WHOOP) – Calories intake (MFP)= 2732-2749= 17 surplus
- I was actually surprised I had only a 17 cal surplus today knowing I at half a giant cookie. But when I look back, I didn’t really eat any food at all. The pizza was very small. So 2000 of my calories came from the cookie which had NO nutritional content at all. So yes I didn’t put in a bad calorie day but without nutrients my body can’t recover well so I added no value in terms of food for the day. Pizza, waffle cookie and giant cookie, gross day for my body.
- Slept 4hrs 17min out of 8:52 needed which was a good 48% sleep score.
- This was my worst score so far this year.
- My recovery score was 55% which is a decent score knowing I only slept 4 hours.
- I went to bed at 10p.
- This was back in line with my normal sleep schedule and I was definitely exhausted. Felt good to get back in a routine.
- My WHOOP band said I need 8:30 min of sleep tonight going into tomorrow.
My baseline sleep is 7:35min
Strain of the day- 15min extra needed
Sleep debt- 1hr 58min extra needed
Nap- 1hr 18min which subtracts from needed
- Did stretching throughout the day to keep trying to loosen up my back. Spent time on a lacrosse ball.
- My back was still very locked up and was wearing on me a little bit especially when flying.
- Being in an airport most of the day and being hungry.
- Not having any food in the fridge when I got home.
- Went grocery shopping as soon as I realized my eating mistake.
- Threw the cookie away as soon as I could get out of my own head.
- Low amount of sleep days are very hard for me to control my will power all day. The more I think about the fact that I choose the cookie after not eating much all day and looking for my first REAL meal until 8p after only sleeping 4 hours the night before was a disaster waiting to happen. I need to make sure if I don’t sleep much I have a plan in place to eat a healthier meal earlier instead of worrying about a morning fast.
- I love routine so much it’s scary. Yes I do love to travel and do new things but when I’m in rhythm of a routine I can be so focused and utilize my will power in the right way and control it more.