- If you are driving to your destination then there is a lot you can do for preparation.
- FOODS TO TAKE WITH
- Foods you can pack really make a difference here.
- Try to focus first on protein sources: protein powder, BCAA Drink, beef jerky, RX bars
- Cut up fruits and vegetables
- Individually packaged nuts (only one per day max)
- Cooler with: Greek yogurt, deli meats, hard boiled eggs, low fat cottage cheese, low fat cheese sticks
- EATING OUT
- Same as the flying list
- Can take bands, maybe a TRX, a kettlebell and a foam roller. Any combination of those things plus your bodyweight will allow you to do many types of workouts.
- Going for a run anywhere you are at is always nice to see the area.
BACK FROM TRIP
- Don’t step on the scale
- There is so much sodium and joint swelling from travel that your weight will normally be quite higher when you get back home. Give it about 2 days and check the scale and you should be pretty close to normal again.
- Drink tons of water
- Get right back into workout routine.
If you only travel every once in a while then I really wouldn’t worry about it. Try not to over eat, be as active as you can be and enjoy the company and place that you are at. But if you travel a decent amount, you need a way to keep the onset of calories from affecting your body. Practice and play with different ideas. Figure out what works best for you!