TOP 5 FAT LOSS STARTER TIPS
1) Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water
- Having infused water is ok, using fruit to flavor the water.
- Try to space it evenly throughout the day
- You might have to pee a little more at the beginning but once it’s a routine you won’t have to worry about it as much.
2) Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week
- Doesn’t have to be vigorous yet, the goal is to just start a routine of exercising.
- If you aren’t sure what to do start with walking or simple bodyweight movements like pushups, squats, glute bridges.
3) Get up and move every hour for at least 5 minutes during the work day
- Either going for a walk around the office
- Doing some stretching mainly the hips and quads
- Opening up your hips and loosening your back so we reduce overall body stiffness is our goal
4) Increase your protein level
- The goal to start with is just to start eating it at every meal. Right now we won’t worry about how much, just try to have a source of protein at each meal.
- SOURCES: Meats, fish, seafood, eggs, hard cheese, greek yogurts
5) Reduce processed foods
- This is mainly reducing foods you buy in boxes for now. If it comes in a box (cereals, snacks, bars, etc) lets start to reduce them in our diet.
Remember these are beginner habits. Our goal is to start slowly creating a routine and we will build on this month after month. We are not expecting you to take on all 5 to begin with. Take on the ones that you can easily accomplish first then after you conquer those (usually about 2 weeks) then add another one or two onto your plate.