It’s time to hop in the car and head out for a two hour trip, what are you going to throw in the car for the kids to snack on?
OPTION 1: Packed ahead of time
Peanut Butter and Jelly on White
OPTION 2: Stopped at gas station
I’m sure for most parents it’s not this bad, but I’m sure there have been moments like this or the kids were at least wanting these options.
YOUR SNACK TOOLBOX
It isn’t as hard as you think, you just need to think simple, low sugar, and try to combo with protein:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly on whole grain bread
- Mixed Nuts
- Cheese Sticks w/beef jerky (meat with cheese is great but do not mix with crackers)
- Fruits (Bananas, Apples, Orange, Berries) w/peanut or almond butter
- Raw Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Peppers) w/Hummus
- Bars (These are tricky but the goal is to keep sugar intake under 1g, and trying to have some protein in them would be important as well)
- Applesauce (low sugar) or homemade
- Unsweetened Raisins
- Hard boiled Eggs
Make sure you take the time to prep before you leave.