Hello fellow exercisers!! My name is Karl and have been affiliated with GCP for several years. Initially, I was a client who was looking for a change in my workout routine. I have to say that I loved GCP from the start. I loved the coaching styles, community, as well as, the awesome variety of exercises we do. It is never boring and always appropriately challenging. As I grew to learn the skills of proper exercising and form, I took on a role as a coach. In being a coach, I believe that exercise and having fun go hand and hand. While strengthening our bodies, challenging our minds to overcome obstacles, and encouraging our fellow workout buddies – we can all have a little fun. We can take several minutes a day working out to clear our heads and fill ourselves with confidence.
GET TO KNOW THE COACH
- Exploring new cities or areas of towns I have never been in. You never know what’s left to see in your own backyard!
- Ones that I consider the most challenging for me. I consider the challenging exercises my favorite because they push me out of my comfort zone. Those exercises are burpees, groiners, and back squats.
FAVORITE HEALTHY FOOD / MEAL
- Apples, I love pink ladies, honeycrips and granny smith.
FAVORITE UNHEALTHY FOOD / MEAL
- Chips and salsa. If the restaurant has it, I am pretty much guaranteed to order it!
WHAT GOT YOU INTO THE INDUSTRY
- Wanting to boost my self confidence is what got me into the fitness industry. We are in constant battle with what we tell ourselves about our appearance. Fitness is good for the body and for the mind.
FAVORITE TV SHOW
- Amazing Race. Love being a voyeur to people experiencing different cultures and ways of life.
- Stress eating in the evening. I will be on point with my diet all day and the evening I mess it up.
- Being able to relate to people’s weight struggles. I have been up and down many times. I can sympathize with people and can offer advice.
- “Everything is going to operate based upon how you feel about yourself.”
QUICK FIT TIP
- Start slow and don’t compare your journey to others.
FAVORITE THING ABOUT GCP
- The variety of exercises. Workouts can get complacent but at GCP that doesn’t happen. There’s a constant variety of exercises that will challenge your body and your mind. It keeps it fun and interesting.