I didn’t get into fitness consistently until my late 20s. I started to really love the feeling I got working out, getting stronger, and seeing results. After a while, friends started asking me questions, and I found that I really enjoyed helping and sharing all the knowledge I had gained over the years. After I joined the Army Reserves, I had even more opportunities to help others who struggled with their health and fitness. I’ve always been around to answer questions, and give my fellow Soldiers advice on how to improve themselves. I think their favorite is when I take them through a workout I’ve designed. 😉
For anyone who struggles with any aspect of health or fitness, I’ve been there. Athleticism never came easy for me growing up. I’ve had to work hard and CONSISTENTLY for years to be as strong as I am today. I can relate to many of the same struggles as our clients. However, because of that, I can also relate to how awesome it feels to be able to accomplish something you didn’t think you’d be able to do.
For the most part, I’m a fairly quiet person. (But watch out for my sarcasm too!) During classes, I normally walk around and observe to make sure everyone is performing the exercises properly and give feedback when necessary. I try to be as positive as I can to motivate and push you to do your best. I’ll be one of your best cheerleaders while you’re here!
Welcome to our GCP Family! For those who are completely new to working out, please don’t be nervous or afraid to be here with us. We all have to start somewhere, and we’re so proud of you for taking that first big step towards improving your health.
GET TO KNOW THE COACH
- Checking out new breweries.
FAVORITE HEALTHY FOOD / MEAL
- Crockpot chicken with diced potatoes and roasted mixed veggies
FAVORITE UNHEALTHY FOOD / MEAL
WHAT GOT YOU INTO THE INDUSTRY
- After joining a big box gym for a New Year’s resolution several years ago, I fell in love with fitness and getting stronger. As other people noticed that I was getting stronger, they started asking me questions and I really enjoyed sharing my knowledge.
FAVORITE TV SHOW
- Toss up between The Office, Supernatural, and Schitt’s Creek
- Nutrition. Mostly eating too big of portions. I think part of that is still residual from Basic Training and needing to eat A LOT and quickly in order to have enough energy in the field. I’m still relearning to focus on quality, not quantity of food.
- Finding the positive in every situation.
- “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” and
- “Our lives change when our habits change.”
QUICK FIT TIP
Focus on progress, not perfection.
FAVORITE THING ABOUT GCP
- The family environment and positivity of others around you while working out.