Hello I’m Coach Desiree! I am so excited to see you diving head first into your health and fitness journey with GCP. It is an honor to get the opportunity to coach you and be by your side all while you become the best version of yourself. Here at GCP, we have created a supportive environment meaning that not only will I be your support system, but so will everyone else in the gym. I studied Clinical Exercise Science at Grand Valley State University where I got my Bachelor’s Degree. In addition to that, I received my certification as a Group Fitness Instructor through ACE fitness.
The world of fitness became a passion of mine when I was involved in a variety of sports throughout high school. I loved the team environment and enjoyed training to stay in shape. However, for a few years, I battled some hindering injuries that took me out of sports for some time. Through recovering from those injuries, I found a new direction in the fitness world. I became stronger and saw that I was still capable of a lot more even though I had those few tough years. I now see those injuries as a way to connect with individuals who experience some of the limitations I went through and still go through.
Today, I strive to show others the true potential of their fitness, regardless of what their background may be. It is possible to recover from the obstructing events in life and come back stronger even with limitations. As a coach, I will be there to motivate you and to show you how strong you are. My goal is to make every class a fun, yet challenging experience. I am so excited to meet you and to learn about your personal goals. Stop in and say hi at any time!
GET TO KNOW THE COACH
- Watching movies, hiking, exploring new coffee shops
- Barbell Back Squat
FAVORITE HEALTHY FOOD / MEAL
- Spinach/avocado omelet
FAVORITE UNHEALTHY FOOD / MEAL
- Thin Crust Sausage Pizza
WHAT GOT YOU INTO THE INDUSTRY
- I have recovered from many injuries through years of playing sports and I see how beneficial exercise is in healing and strengthening. I want to inspire others and help them to reach their own fitness goals. It humbles me to see people become the best version of themselves and it has become my passion to be a part of that process.
FAVORITE TV SHOW
- Chicago Fire
- Taking on too much at once. I love to stay busy and experience new things, but I can sometimes overwhelm myself when I overload my plate.
- My love of learning. I am constantly taking on new challenges and developing skills to better myself.
- “Make your life a masterpiece, imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do.” -Brian Tracy
QUICK FIT TIP
- Give yourself reasonable and achievable goals. Don’t give up even if you feel like you aren’t making progress because every little bit is a step closer to your goal.