WHAT IS OPTIMAL?
The optimal diet is what we consider to be our forever diet. When designing this diet, we did a ridiculous amount of research and took as many things into account as possible. We thought about our clients lifestyles which are a naturally sedentary lifestyle. We thought about issues they struggled with. They want to lose weight, they struggle with autoimmune issues or metabolic issues, and they are insulin resistant. We wanted to make sure that they have a diet that can fix these issues and something they can continue to follow for the rest of their lives. Here is what we present as our optimal diet. We are going to start off by looking at who should be following the optimal diet.
All About GCP Optimal
WHO SHOULD FOLLOW THIS ROADMAP
- Looking to lose body fat
- Want to have a diet that is easy to do for life
- You’ve eliminated eating issues and intense sugar cravings
- No autoimmune issues
WHAT ARE THE MACROS FOR GCP OPTIMAL
- 20% carbs | 30% protein | 50% fat
WHAT FOODS NOT TO EAT
- TOXIC CARBS
- Breads & Pastas
- Toxic Vegetables
- TOXIC FATS
- Seed & Vegetable Oils
- Nut butters
- Nut milks
- Most nuts
- All seeds
- OTHER TOXIC FOODS
- All alcohol
- Sugars: artificial and processed
- Soy & Tofu
WHAT FOODS SHOULD YOU EAT
- Meat, any type you can think of and any cut you can think of
- Some processed meats: nitrate free hot dogs, brauts, sausages, deli meats
- Bone Broth
- Cooking Oils: Butter, Ghee, Tallow, Coconut Oil
- Dairy: Whole milks, Hard cheeses, Greek Yogurt
- Animal Fat
- Cashews, Hazelnut, Macadamia Nuts
- Fruits- all kinds
- Veggies- Zucchini, cucumbers, olives, squash, carrots, cucumbers, pumpkin
- Fermented Foods
- Raw Organic Honey
- Coffee, Tea, Water, Mineral Water, Organic Wine (use sparingly)
- G-Hughes, Walden Farms
- Worcestershire, Yellow Mustard, Hot Sauces
- Coconut Aminos
WHAT OBSTACLES COULD YOU EXPERIENCE WHILE ON THIS DIET?
- Need to track food early in the diet to get used to proper macro rations
- You need to have a mindset shift that you aren’t doing this short term. Eating healthy and not eating low quality foods are now part of your life.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU DO THIS DIET ROADMAP?
- This is the forever diet
- People can definitely lose weight on this diet. I do recommend carnivore or keto if you have a lot of weight to lose, and then move to this diet once you have reached your fat loss goal.
WHY DO WE CONSIDER THIS OUR FOREVER DIET?
- Low carb because the overall population is generally less active
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Low toxicity foods to keep inflammation down
TIPS FOR THIS DIET
- If you are going to drink, try to only do it 1 to 2 days a week max, even though wine is “ok”. And if you drink other things, just pay attention to how you feel after them.
- Use salt daily, Real Salt is a great brand. You’ll need added salt to your diet when you no longer get salt from processed foods.
MAIN POINT AND CALL TO ACTION
- Mainly my goal is just to show one of the diet road maps we offer here at GCP. Our goal is to help give tools to help people achieve long term fat loss.
- Optimal is not meant to be a quick change, it’s a long game, but if you follow it consistently you’ll have an incredible change in a year, and you’ll be healthy for the rest of you life.
- If I did have one main point, our diets aren’t short term fixes. They are long term diets meant to change lives and help people lose weight over time. So all the diets we recommend take a minimum of 90 days to actually start seeing real long term benefit and are designed for this to be a forever type of eating lifestyle.
WHERE CAN YOU LEARN MORE?
- Optimal is a combination of so many different diets out there. Probably the best comparison is Dr Paul Saladino’s Animal Based Diet so you can research his stuff if you’d like more.
- However, the only way to learn about the way we do carnivore is to take one of our 8 week masterclasses or to join one of our accountability programs.
- If you are interested in one of these programs, please contact us. We have many levels of accountability so we should have one that fits no matter what your level of needs are.